Jump to content

MediaTek

Administrators
  • Content Count

    1,824
  • Points

    ₦7,202 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1
My Favorite Songs

MediaTek last won the day on September 1 2018

MediaTek had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

Recent Profile Visitors

444 profile views
  1. It has been reported that many people have been killed in an ongoing terrorist attack at hotel in Kenya. A terrorist attack still ongoing at an upscale hotel complex in Kenya’s capital has left many people dead. AP reported that, Kenyan police officer among attack’s 1st responders says he saw bodies but ‘no time to count the dead’ It was gathered that the attack started with a blast and heavy gunfire. Witnesses and police at the scene are calling it a terror attack. The complex in Nairobi includes a large hotel known as DusitD2, banks and offices. Several vehicles are burning. People are being rushed and carried from the scene while gunfire continues several minutes after the first reports. Police spokesman Charles Owino says that “we have sent officers to the scene, including from the anti-terrorism unit, but so far we have no more information.” Ambulances, security forces and firefighters have rushed to the scene, sirens wailing. The attack reminds many Kenyans of the Westgate Mall attack in Nairobi in 2013, when al-Shabab extremists burst into the luxury shopping center, hurling grenades and starting a days-long siege that left 67 people dead. A Kenyan police officer who was among the first responders at the at Dusit Hotel attack says he saw bodies but ‘no time to count the dead’. Some Kenyan hospitals are appealing for blood donations as the number of people wounded in an attack on an upscale hotel complex in Nairobi remains unknown. Night has fallen and it is not immediately clear whether attackers are still active in the complex and how many people might be trapped or hiding inside. The Somalia-based extremist group al-Shabab is claiming responsibility for the attack on an upscale hotel complex in Nairobi and says its members are still fighting inside. See more photos:
  2. A young man has been caught on camera engaging a masquerade in a flogging contest in front of villagers. A video has emerged online showing the moment a young Nigerian man engaged a masquerade in a flogging contest. The incident reportedly happened during a festivity in the eastern part of the country. In the trending footage, the young man and the masquerade can be seen flogging each other in the middle of the road as villagers gathered to be entertained. The crowd shouted at the sounds of the hot lashes during the flogging battle. However, the man and the masquerade were later stopped when it appeared the contest wanted to get out of hand. Other villagers who were brave enough also engaged themselves in a flogging battle to see who will get tired. Watch the video below:
  3. Thieves reportedly invaded Kanu Nwankwo’s Hotel, The Hardley Apartments located at Waziri Ibrahim Crescent on Victoria Island, Lagos and reportedly stole all his football medals, trophies, plaques, and other valuable items. Kanu Nwankwo who learnt that his hotel which has been sealed up since 2015 sequel due to an alleged default in transaction between it and Skye Bank (now Polaris Bank) was being occupied by some authorized persons who had also commenced renovation of the facility in disregard of the seal order and litigation, was forced to arrive in Nigeria over the weekend to verify the claims. The hotel has been through series of litigation which is still pending at the Federal High Court, Ikoyi, Lagos, and it was gathered that the last hearing came up in November last year after which the case was adjourned till 31 January 2019. “It was a rude shock to me,” Kanu, who fought back tears at what the hitherto sprawling facility had become since the renovation started, told TheCable. “I almost couldn’t recognize the hotel as belonging to me anymore. This is the saddest day of my life as I cannot understand why this happens to me when the matter has yet to be settled in court. “All the medals I have earned, in addition to the Olympic torch that I cherished are all gone and I don’t even know who to ask for all these prized assets.” A man who was seen supervising the illegal renovation, told The Cable’s correspondent that he is a staff of the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), leading to suspicion that the assets managers may have also disregarded the court proceedings by taking over the property. “This is unacceptable in all ramifications. I have not been served any notice that I have lost this property and until I am served the notice, it remains my legal property,” the former Super Eagles’ captain said. “Even cars and buses belonging to the hotel can no longer be found and I wonder where they could have been moved to without my knowledge,” Kanu further said, even as he lamented how the four-year seal of the facility had adversely affected treatment for numerous patients that his Kanu Heart Foundation planned to rescue from their ailment. “We have used proceeds from the hotel business to effect treatment for the patients over the years and now we are being forced to seek funds elsewhere, a situation that has stalled the treatment considerably especially since 2016.” An emotion-filled Kanu submitted: “During my service to this country in football up to the year 2000, I made many Nigerians happy. I don’t think I deserve this sadness in retirement.”
  4. The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has put down conditions that the Federal Government has to meet before the ongoing strike by the union will be called off. According to the union, the ongoing strike action will likely continue except the Federal Government is able to meet these conditions. The union said to end the strike, the Federal Government must urgently release additional N50 billion to the N20 billion released earlier for revitalization fund and show evidence of mainstreaming the Earned Academic Allowance (EAA) into the 2019 budget and evidence of the payment of shortfall in salaries. President of ASUU, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, said this to newsmen in an interview. He added that the unions conditions would be communicated to the Federal Government today at the inauguration of the platform for addressing matters relating to state universities. “There are basically two or three major areas; one is on the revitalisation fund. We presented to them that government owed an outstanding balance of N1.1 trillion in five tranches. But what government eventually proposed is something that is far-fetched. They were talking about N20 billion that will be released in two tranches starting from next quarter, and we felt that will not address the issue at hand. Though they said that they released N20 billion earlier, the N20 billion was to be released in 2017, if they released it in November 2018, it is not the same thing. “Out of the N20 billion that the government released earlier, we have outstanding N200 billion. So, if government can release N50 billion in addition to the N20 billion released earlier; and the remaining N150 billion can be released on quarterly basis within this year, N50 billion each for the remaining three quarters, then it will show a sign of commitment.” The group also demanded that for EAA and shortfall in salaries, government should provide evidence of its promises and give specific information and guidelines to its proposals. He added that although the government has shown a paper authorising the release of N15.89 billion to universities, the universities have not confirmed receipt and as far as ASUU is concerned, it is an issue of once bitten, twice shy.
  5. Organizers of popular reality show, Big Brother Naija have just announced that the 4th edition of the show will hold in Nigeria as against previous editions that held in South Africa. Auditions for this year’s edition will hold on February 1st and 2nd across 8 cities including Lagos, Ibadan, Benin, Enugu, Calabar, Warri, Port Harcourt and Abuja. Ebuka Obi Uchendu will return as the show host while the headline sponsor has changed from Payporte to Bet9ja.
  6. Actress Daniella Okeke finally joined the #10yearschallenge, by flaunting her backside, showing what it looked like 10 years ago and 10 years after, to prove that she is naturally endowed. She said; ‘#10yearchallenge AND DEY SAID WE DID YANSH SURGERY SMH
  7. Saraki and Fayose sure had a good time at Atiku’s Campaign which was held in Plateau state some days back. The duo was spotted doing the Shaku shaku dance and we absolutely love it 😍 Watch the Video below:
  8. Popular Nollywood actors, Chinedu Ikedieze and Osita Iheme, popularly called Aki and Pawpaw Have sure come a long way . Osita Iheme aka Paw Paw, shared the photo on Instagram. He wrote Divine connection… E don tey #GodistheGreatest
  9. Curvy actress, Anita Joseph has bragged about her gargantuan natural endowments which are evident on her chest and behind her. Many have been complaining that 33-year old actress and mother of one is adding too much weight recently. She recently reacted to their criticisms with a bold message that she is not slimming down anytime soon. According to her response shared on Instagram, people have been paying millions of hard earned money to surgically enhance their curves unlike she who got it for free from providence. she posted.
  10. Actress, Iyabo Ojo has sure come a long way as a single mum of two . Joining in on the viral #10yearchallenge ,the 41 year old shared before and after photos with her two children .
  11. Nollywood actress Chika Ike is smoking hot! Check out that body… See full photo below.
  12. It has been reported that Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) International School Ogbomoso, have barred no fewer than fifty-five (55) female Muslim students from entering the school premises over the use of Hijab. A senior lecturer in the school who begged to be anonymous told DAILY POST that the 55 students were turned down by the institution’s authority for wearing Hijab on top of their uniforms on Monday morning. He said, “Hijab Imbroglio: Welcome to LAUTECH Secondary School, Ogbomoso, Oyo state. The story was dated back to 2011 when the first request was made to the Governing Board of the School to allow our willing Muslim females Children to use Hijab as part of their school uniform in line with Islamic dictate. “Since 2011 barely eight years ago, several letters of appeal had been written to the GC while we wait endlessly without any concrete positive response to our simple request. “Our Muslim girls over the period have been using Beret instead of Hijab in their own case contrary to the Islamic dictate. “While our patience overtime as law-abiding citizens was premised on our belief that the Management of the School will do the needful and give regard to the rule of law & provision of the Constitution guaranteeing the fundamental human right of everybody. “Having waited endlessly since 2011, it was decided on the 4th of January, 2019 that our willing Muslim female children should commence the use of Hijab as School resumes on 7/1/2019.” He currently described the state of the school, stating, “The Children are in the school presently, teachers are threatening. They are removing Hijab from them. The girls disagreed. They disallowed them to enter. It’s noise presently. The school is still on. Our Muslim children that used Hijab are still outside the school”. However, Principal of the school, Mr. Ibrahim Animashaun while reacting urged the parents and the students to await the decision of the school board of governors before further action. “The school board of governors is yet to approve the use of Hijab. And the board is looking at their letter. So we are yet to communicate them. Until we communicate with them, the status quo remains. “We spoke with the aggrieved parents that their letter is still with the board. LAUTECH International School board of governors is looking at their letter.”
  13. Famous Nollywood actress and Philanthropist, Tonto Wigo Charity Dikeh, has joined the #10yearschallenge craze, a social media challenge where people share throwback pictures which capture what they look like 10 years ago in direct comparison with a recent photo The self-acclaimed radical for Jesus took to the gram to share her version and wrote: “#10YEARSCHALLENGE God indeed has been faithful, A toast to life�#KINGTONTO” The now viral photo captured the mother of one looking ravishing and putting attention on some areas of her body that she had surgery for including her B.reasts. Tonto also appeared more matured and classy Check it out and let’s know what you think…
  14. Contrary to the classic difference in the photos of Nigerian celebrities thus far, Nigerian singer Folarin Falana, better known by his stage name Falz has opted to share a 2008 – 2019 throwback photo as he takes part in the “10 years challenge” and his looks are absolutely shocking The photo captured Falz definitely still having a rich unbleached skin, looking as young and innocent as he was a decade ago, even though his career has progressed drastically. Sharing the said photos, he wrote: “#10YearsChallenge any mush divrent?” Falz is known to be a rapper who recently uses his music to be an activist
  15. The Academic staff Union of Universities, ASUU has vowed to continue the over two months strike action. Recall that ASUU in an earlier publication rejected the offer made by the Federal Government after consultations with its members. According to ASUU, the offer from the Federal Government is far from expectation. Speaking during a telephone interview with newsmen on Sunday, National President, Professor Biodun Ogunyemi said that ASUU has shifted ground from N1.1 trillion to N220 billion which he said will cover for three quarters in 2019. He stated that the union was ready to call off the strike if the federal government paid the N220 billion. When asked if the union was ready to shift grounds from the N220 billion, he maintained: “We have already shifted ground. “We presented five tranches payment to the federal government. If we made request for five tranches of N1.1 trillion and they are not ready to give one, that shows they are the ones not ready to shift grounds. On the impact of the strike on the February general elections, the president says that ASUU strike has nothing to do with the February elections; adding that the issue with the FG has been on since 2006 and the position of the union has nothing to do with the elections. “If they know they are banking on students to use for election, then let them do what they ought to do. If they do what we asked them to do, our member can take decision this week and the matter would be resolved.” He said. Regarding some universities who are trying to boycott the strike, Ogunyemi said: “We know that there are some moves by government agents at federal and state levels to break our ranks. But our members are getting back to us and to a large extent now, our members are resolute. “Yes, there are some overzealous chancellors and administrators in one or two universities who are trying to brake these ranks. However, on the scale of balance, they are not having their ways. On the way of handling the default institutions, he said, “Our union shall handle that.”
×

Important Information

please accept our Terms of Use