Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'fresh'.
Found 3 results
The Federal Government has said the list of alleged looters which it released earlier was based on verifiable facts, including the amount involved, the date the amount in question was collected and from where it was taken. Releasing a fresh list of alleged looters, in a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, also said those complaining that the list was too short apparently did not understand that it was strategically released as a teaser. ”At the press conference where the list was released, I did say it was a tip of the iceberg. Apparently, this does not mean anything to people whose style is to comment on issues they barely understand, or just to shoot down anything coming from the government,” he said, adding that the Federal Government has a large number of alleged looters on its list. Alhaji Mohammed slammed the PDP for daring to challenge the Federal Government over an issue that the party knows is its weakness: Looting of public treasury. ”What was the PDP expecting when it challenged the FG to name the looters of the public treasury under the party’s watch? Did the PDP actually believe that the massive looting under its watch was a joke? Did they think it is April Fool?” he queried. The Minister said the PDP’s reaction to the looters’ list has shown that its recent apology is an election-induced act, contrived to deceive unsuspecting Nigerians to vote for the party in the 2019 general election, even when it has not come clean on its looting spree during its time in office. ”The hysterical and panicky reaction from the PDP has shown that the party is not at all sincere about its choreographed apology. Were it not the case, the party would have followed in the footsteps of one of its leaders, Senator Ibrahim Mantu, who simply owned up to his role in the party’s rigging in the past elections and said he had turned a new leaf. ”It is said that a true confession is done in humility with an attitude of repentance. It is clear that the PDP does not know this, hence its resort to hubris instead of humility and genuine penitence,” he said. Alhaji Mohammed said the Federal Government will neither be intimidated nor blackmailed into silence, adding that it will also not rest until all those who looted the public treasury have been brought to justice. SECOND BATCH OF ALLEGED LOOTERS AND THE AMOUNT ALLEGEDLY EMBEZZLED 1. Former NSA Sambo Dasuki: Based on EFCC investigations and findings alone (this is beside the ongoing $2.1 billion military equipment scandal), a total of N126 billion, over $1.5 billion and 5.5 million British Pounds was embezzled through his office. A good number of these monies were simply shared to persons and companies without any formal contract awards. 2. Former Petroleum Resources Minister Dieziani Alison-Madukwe: In just one of the cases the EFCC is investigating involving her, about N23 billion is alleged to have been embezzled. She is also involved in the Strategic Alliance Contracts of the NNPC, where the firms of Jide Omokore and Jide Aluko got oil blocks but never paid government taxes and royalty. About $3 billion was involved. The Federal Government is charging Omokore and Aluko and will use all legal instruments local and international to ensure justice. 3. Rtd. Lt.-Gen. Kenneth Minimah: N13.9 billion. N4.8 billion recovered by EFCC in cash and property 4. Lt.-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika: N4.5 billion. N29m recovered by the EFCC so far. 5. Alex Barde, former Chief of Defence Staff: N8 billion, and EFCC recovered almost N4 billion in cash and property already. 6. Inde Dikko: former CG Customs: N40 billion, and N1.1 billion in cash recovered in cash and choice properties. 7. Air Marshal Adesola Amosun: N21.4 billion. N2.8 billion recovered in cash. 28 properties and 3 vehicles also recovered. 8. Senator Bala Abdulkadir, former FCT Minister: N5 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured. 9. Senator Stella Oduah: N9.8 billion. Interim forfeiture order on some property secured. 10. Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu: N1.6 billion – from NSA. 11. Senator Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion. 12. Bashir Yuguda, former Minister of State for Finance: N1.5 billion. $829,800 recovered. 13. Senator Peter Nwaboshi: N1.5 billion 14. Aliyu Usman: Former NSA Dasuki’s aide: N512 million 15. Ahmad Idris: Former NSA Dasuki’s PA: N1.5 billion 16. Rasheed Ladoja: Former Oyo Governor: N500 million 17. Tom Ikimi: N300 million 18. Femi Fani-Kayode: N866 million 19. Hassan Tukur, former PPS to President Goodluck: $1.7 million 20. Nenadi Usman: N1.5 billion 21. Benedicta Iroha: N1.7 billion 22. Aliyu Usman Jawaz: Close ally of former NSA Dasuki: N882 million 23. Jonah Jang, former Plateau State Governor: N12.5 billion 24 Godknows Igali: Over N7 billion
stone bridge posted a topic in SportsISIS fanatics have targeted Lionel Messi in their latest propaganda poster promoting terror attacks at the Russia World Cup this summer. The photoshopped image shows the Barcelona and Argentina star on his knees wearing an orange Guantanamo Bay-style jumpsuit, often seen worn by victims in the terrorists’ execution videos. Messi is depicted on his knees inside Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium – venue for the World Cup final – with a masked jihadi to his left and the threat ‘so strike them upon the necks and strike from them every fingertips’ emblazoned above them. The official logo for the tournament has been altered to make it look like the world cup and the number eight in 2018 has been damaged. Sticks of dynamite can also be seen resting up against the halfway-line flag in the picture as the jihadi holds Messi’s hair with one hand and gestures with his other hand. It’s not the first time the five-time world footballer of the year has been targeted by ISIS. In October another poster emerged showing the Barcelona star behind bars in an attempt by terror fanatics to spread fear ahead of the the tournament in Russia. It came after another chilling poster showed a terrorist armed with a gun and explosives near a football stadium in Russia along with the words: ‘I swear that the Mujahideen’s fire will burn you… just you wait’. According to SITE, which monitors terror activity, pro-ISIS group the Wafa’ Media Foundation, published the World Cup warning in the wake of another recent threat.
A presumed volunteer army amass has executed three people while no less than six others supported wounds in an overnight assault on Maisamari in Sardauna region of Taraba state. The police in the Northeast state said the assault was done amid the inaugural release of a social occasion called Nding-Chin. A representative of the power ASP David Misal said the summon had conveyed extra policemen to amplify security. He said due to the measure of the group, a time span inside which to finish the activity and scatter was given. It was accumulated that the harmed are accepting treatment at the Gembu General Hospital.
Board Life Status
Board startup date: November 26, 2017 14:51:27