Jump to content
9jaonline.com
News Ticker
  • plain text ticker
  • This is a custom ticker

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'into'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • General
    • News
    • FBT
    • Tech
    • Celebrities
    • Jobs/Vacancies
    • Romance
    • Health
    • Sports
    • Betting Tips
    • Entertainment
    • Tips/Life Hacks

Blogs

  • tech

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Found 8 results

  1. Footage has emerged of Blac Chyna and her teen rapper boyfriend YBN Almighty Jay getting into a fight on Easter Sunday while she was at Six Flags theme park with her two young children. The 29-year-old had to be held back by multiple people after she suddenly tried to hurl a bright pink children’s ride-on car at someone else in the Los Angeles theme park. Various videos have appeared on social media showing crowds of shocked people gathering around as they watched Rob Kardashian’s ex-lose her cool.
  2. According to online reports, a group of male students were apprehended after sneaking into a hostel in a girls’ boarding school. The five boys from St. Mary’s Kibabii boys high school in Bungoma, Kenya – were arrested in the girls’ school dormitory last night. It was reported that the boys had been in the school since Saturday. They were arrested and tied up by security operatives who stormed the area after being notified. Meanwhile, the school administration has confirmed that four more boys are still missing as the investigation into the matter begins.
  3. Nollywood actress Ruth Kadiri in a new interview with Potpourri opened up on how her upbringing shaped her into the woman she is today. Reda her interview below; “Growing up in the slum helps you to find yourself,” she mused. “It’s either you are defined or you are not. Growing up as a child in Ajegunle, it’s either you get lost or it helps you find your way. Right now, there are so many mistakes I can’t make. I see many ladies misbehave, if I am able to overcome it at childhood I can’t start doing it now. As a child I have always known what I wanted. In my room I had a write-up that when I become eighteen I would rent my own apartment. My dad saw it and he was like “Where are you going by eighteen?” I told him I want to be able to get my own apartment and make my own money. He just laughed it off. I think that decision helped me to cultivate the desire to make my own money and do it the right way,” she added. On what she has learnt from being a practitioner in Nollywood; “I have learnt to be patient. I have learnt to understand that people’s destinies are different. I have also learnt to understand that not everybody will appreciate your style, not everybody will understand where you are coming from. All you need as a person is focus. The easiest thing to do is to get distracted. The easiest thing to do in this industry is to follow the trend. If you have a style and you are able to stick to it, as long as you know that you are doing the right thing, you will get to where you desire,” she stated with a note of finality.
  4. A 30-year-old man, Mr. Manu Yakubu, has been arraigned before the Nasarawa State High Court for allegedly dumping his six-year-old daughter, Jennifer, in a well.Yakubu, who resides in the Gidigidi area of the state was said to have allegedly dumped her daughter in the well over alleged witchcraft. The prosecuting counsel for the police,James Anata, told the court that Yakubu committed the offence on December 8, 2017. At the Tuesday hearing in the case, a prosecution witness, Samuel Kuje, told the court that he discovered the victim inside the well in his farm in the early hours of December 8. The witness said, “I first thought she was a ghost but when I asked who she is, she said she was Jennifer Ayuba from Gidigidi. “I then ran to Gidigidi immediately to inform the head of the community, Mr. Ashila and four other persons; we all went back to my site and brought out the child from the well; then I called the police from B Division in Lafia to arrest the accused.” The police said Yakubu had in his statement confessed to the crime, explaining that he dumped his daughter in the well because he believed she was responsible for his ill luck. Yakubu was said to have written in the statement that her daughter had openly confessed that she was a member of a secret cult and had handed him and his wife over to her fellow cultists to be killed this year. He claimed that the six-year-old admitted that she was responsible for the death of her uncle, Diour Adamu, and her two siblings who passed on shortly after birth. Yakubu said he believed her daughter’s confession about being a member of a secret cult “because sometimes she will disappear into the bush and spend over a week before resurfacing.” The prosecutor on Tuesday urged the judge to convict Yakubu as charged, arguing that the police had proved their case against the defendant beyond reasonable doubt. Justice Rose Fuji adjourned the case till April 23, 2018.
  5. A five-year-old schoolgirl drowned in a pit latrine after falling in when she went to the toilet between lessons in South Africa. Lumka Mkhetwa was feared abducted when she vanished while at school in Bizana in the Eastern Cape and a police search was launched for the youngster. But her lifeless body was found the following day after the pit toilet was emptied and searched. The tragedy happened at the Luna Primary School, the Education Minister has confirmed. Angie Motshekga apologised for the death of the Grade R pupil. She said in an official statement: ‘The death of a child in such an undignified manner is completely unacceptable and incredibly disturbing. ‘I would like to send my sincere condolence to the family of Lumka Mkhetwa. I cannot begin to know the trauma the parents are experiencing now. ‘It is truly a tragic incident and my sympathies are with them.’ Counselling has been offered to staff and pupils at the school. The incident was similar to one at a school outside Polokwane four years ago when Michael Komape, five, drowned in a pit toilet. His family went on to claim damages from the State. Lumka’s father Vuyani Mkehtwa said he believed from the position his daughter was found in that she could have been pushed rather than fallen. He told Despeath Live: ‘We do not understand how this happened. We were under the impression that children are escorted to the toilet at that age. ‘We have serious questions about the responsibility of the teachers but we have received a visit from officials, who have promised to investigate.’ Mkhethwa last saw his daughter on Monday morning as she was leaving for school and has been told his teacher last saw her at 1pm. He described Lumka as a happy child who enjoyed playing with other children and was excited about having finally started school this year. He said:’We are heartbroken because we send our children to school thinking they will be safe. ‘Although we do not know the details of how this tragedy happened from how she was found it does not look like she was using the toilet because she still had her underwear on. ‘From the position of her legs it leaves us with the fear that she may have been pushed.’ The national education department said it is doing ‘everything in its capacity’ to try to upgrade pit latrine toilets and sanitation at schools in South Africa. Section 27 executive director Mark Heywood, who runs a public interest law centre hit out at Motshekga over Lumka’s death. He said: ‘I read her statement and I absolutely believe that she is crying crocodile tears. ‘She knows about the repulsive and shocking state of toilets in public schools in remote areas. ‘The problem is that she and her people know about these deadly toilets but there is no political will to fix them. ‘They continue to make excuses. It’s not a matter of lack of resources or technology. They simply do not care’ he said. Captain Edith Mjoko of the local police said: ‘No foul play is suspected. The body is still with the police for a post-mortem and inquest will take place’.
  6. It was reported on Wednesday, January 24 that one 19-year-old girl identified as Chiburuoma Boms 'was allegedly strangled to death and forced into a septic tank by persons said to be her relations in Elekahia, PHALGA, Rivers state. It was gathered that men of the Elekahia Police Station arrested six persons who are helping the police with investigation while the deceased's corpse has been evacuated from the pit and taken to the mortuary for autopsy. Now according to media personality, Babaduks Ons, the girl's father allegedly dragged and carried her from his house and threw her into the septic tank where she died. According to the report, her father said she brought shame and reproach to him and the family with her "wild lifestyle" and he could not take it anymore. The father reportedly handed himself over to the police after the alleged act. Below is what Babaduks shared online. #26TH JAN 2018:SAD NEWS FROM RIVERS-STATE;> {Reports From Her(The Girl In The Pic)ORO-IBE Family In ELEKAHIA,PORT-HARCOURT,Has It That,Her Father,In Anger,Dragged,Carried Her From His House & Threw Her Into The Septic Tank(Soakaway),Where She Died. According To Her Dad,She brought shame and reproach to him,And His Family,And He Could Not Take It Again. Furthermore,He Said She was unable to do anything by herself,Including going to use the toilet,as a result of an illness which lasted for more than 7 months. The illness was believed to have been contracted through her Promiscuity,Including a committal of incest.The Father Eventually Handed Himself Over To The Police.@Soty F Ngeri}.....NB;->Na Wa!.I Am Speechless. #LordHaveMercy!.SMH! See more photos below:-
  7. A truly horrific footage has shown how a lorry driver ploughed into stationary traffic after he fell asleep at the wheel. According to Metro UK, Mariusz Wlazlo, a 47-year-old man, was jailed after he drove his fully-laden HGV into two cars at 43mph on a busy motorway. The Polo driver, a woman in her 50s, spent weeks in hospital where she was treated for broken ribs and fractures to vertebrae. The Toyota driver also had to be treated in hospital for back and neck pain. Police released footage of the crash to show the dangers of not paying attention on the road. At the scene, Wlazlo told police: 'I think I went to sleep for a moment. 'I can't explain as I don't remember. It was like a dream.' Dashcam footage from the lorry and from another nearby car shows how Wlazlo, who was an agency driver behind the wheel of an Eddie Stobart vehicle at the time, was speeding up at the time of the impact. Wlazlo was in a 40mph zone of the southbound M6 between junction 8 and junction 7, near Great Barr, Birmingham, at the time of impact. The M6 southbound was closed for 90 minutes after the crash, which happened at around 9.40pm on March 15 this year. Wlazlo, who held a full, clean UK driving licence and had no record of motoring offences in his home country of Poland, admitted causing serious injury by dangerous driving and was jailed for 16 months at Wolverhampton Crown Court on Wednesday. Wkazlo, of Speke, Liverpool, was also banned from driving for three years and eight months, and ordered to take an extended re-test. PC Gareth Phillips, of the Central Motorway Police Group, said: 'The collision has had a devastating impact on the victim in the Polo. 'Although she has made a physical recovery, she now feels unable to drive on the motorway. 'It shows just how important it is to keep fully focussed on the road and surrounding conditions, and to always abide by the speed limit as displayed on gantry signs.
  8. Vasudev Nanaiah, a 37-year-old Indian man who actually made a career out of, taking off with more than 120 TV sets from hotels over a period of four months, has been nabbed. According to Oddity Central, Vasudev Nanaiah was arrested last month and charged with 21 counts of theft after wreaking havoc among budget hotels in southern India by stealing an impressive number of TV sets from the rooms he booked. The TV pilferer would reserve the rooms be telephone, and always make a small advance payment, informing the staff that he would be staying there for several days, in order to avoid suspicion. Nanaiah always arrived with bulky suitcases in tow, and in case they proved too small for the targeted TVs, he would simply go out and buy new ones. Police say that the Indian thief would confuse hotel staff by repeatedly walking in and out of the establishment carrying his suitcase, on various pretexts, that they never suspected that at one point he would just walk out and not come back. "He would walk in and out of the hotel on some pretext so many times that the hotel reception would not realize when he had walked out with the TV set never to return," police deputy commissioner Chetan Singh Rathor said. Nanaiah never raised any suspicion in hotel personnel, who describe him as "decent and well-behaved." Interestingly, the sticky-fingered hotel guest was first arrested in October, after being caught red-handed, but was released on bail. Instead of changing his ways, the man wasted no time picking up where he'd left off, getting back to business within days of his release. Unfortunately for Vasudev, police were keeping an eye on him, and busted him again last month while trying to fence some of the stolen TV sets. "We arrested him earlier this month when he was trying to sell TV sets to a shopkeeper, who alerted the police," Bangalore police said, adding that about 20 TV sets had been recovered. The investigation also revealed that Nanaiah had stolen about 100 TVs from hotels in the neighboring states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. Nanaiah told police that making off with the sets was "relatively low risk and easy." Stealing 120 hotel TV sets in just 4 months sounds pretty impressive but it appears that it's only the latest achievement in a very long and lucrative criminal career. Vasudev Nanaiah admitted to stealing hotel TV's for over 12 years, and Bangalore police sources believe that he may have stolen and sold over 1,000 TVs during that period. If found guilty by the court, Nanaiah's days of his thieving days may finally come to an end, or at least put on hiatus for a long time. He may also be ordered to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

Board Life Status


Board startup date: November 26, 2017 14:51:27
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.