9jaonline.com
  • Similar Content

• By stone bridge
      Former Arsenal striker, Thierry Henry, has questioned Paul Pogba’s consistency after the Manchester United midfielder endured a miserable afternoon in their 1-0 defeat to West Brom on Sunday.

The loss ensured that their rivals, Manchester City, were confirmed Premier League champions.
      Pogba’s performance was poor compared to last Sunday, when he scored twice to inspire a comeback win against City at The Etihad.
        Henry, speaking on Sky Sports, said he has learnt a lot about his fellow Frenchman after his latest display.
      “As soon as the game started, something was weird — the atmosphere of the stadium, the team — it’s so weird from what we saw from that team a week ago.
      “The commitment, the desire, and I asked if Pogba can do that all the time, the way he played against City. The answer is nope.”

• By stone bridge

Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho has lambasted his players for handing Manchester City rivals the Premier League title.
      Mourinho said the attitude of his players had changed following their victory over Manchester City last weekend.
        United suffered a 1-0 defeat to West Brom on Sunday evening – a result which handed City the Premier League title.
      Jay Rodriguez headed home the only goal of the game to keep their faint relegation survival hopes alive.
      Mourinho told reporters, “I won eight titles and I am not on the moon because I won against Manchester City.
      “I saw lots of people over the moon because we won against City.
      “You could see the difference in the attitude to players compared to last week.
      “We deserve to be punished, but the defeat was too heavy.”
      Asked if he was frustrated because City won the title on the back of United’s loss, the Portuguese said, “I have won titles, I would not be happy if someone said I won title because someone lost a match.
      “City won the title because they won more points than everyone else, not tell City they won title because United did not win, it is not fair on them.”
    • By stone bridge

Manchester City Coach, Pep Guardiola has now added the English Premier League title to his previous domestic successes in both Spain and Germany, as the English club has officially been crowned Premier League champions.
      Without even playing on Sunday, Manchester City won the English Premier League after their nearest challenger Manchester United were shocked with a 1-0 loss at home, to bottom-placed West Bromwich Albion.
        This is City’s third title in seven seasons and easily its most convincing, with Pep Guardiola’s team 16 points clear and still having five games to play this season.
      “We’ve won you the league, Manchester City, we’ve won you the league,” sang West Brom’s fans near the end of the game.
      By completing the job after 33 games, City have emulated the achievement of United, who also secured the crown with five matches to spare in 2001.
      The Manchester United manager, José Mourinho, said City’s consistency had earned them the title. “Manchester City won the title because they won more points than everybody else, because yesterday they won against Tottenham, because during the season they lost only two matches,” he said.
      “Our Time. Our City. Premier League Champions 17/18,” City tweeted soon after the final whistle when the fifth English top-flight title of its history was assured.
      City boss Pep Guardiola had planned a day of golf with his son Marius on Sunday, so the Spaniard might have learned of his first Premier League while on the course.
      Speaking after the win over Tottenham, Guardiola admitted winning the title in England would be one of the greatest achievements of his glittering career. He won three league titles with Barcelona and twice lifted the Champions League trophy during his Camp Nou reign.
      The 47-year-old also took the German title three times with Bayern Munich, but he believes the unique strength in depth and physical demands of the Premier League makes this triumph among his very best.
    • By stone bridge

Brazil superstar Neymar has reportedly given Premier League side, Manchester United the go ahead to offer him a deal at the end of this season.
      The world’s most expensive footballer is currently in his home town recovering from the knee injury he suffered in late February’s fixture against Marseille in a cup clash.
        Neymar joined the Parisians barely one year ago and he is already linked with away from the Parc Des Princes –with La Liga side, Real Madrid in pole position to sign the attacker.
      However, the former Santos forward is quoted to have said he wants to join a more competitive league ahead of the coming season.
      According to Spanish news outlet Don Balon, Neymar has given the Red Devils the conditions to meet before signing a deal with them.
      Neymar is said to have informed United boss, Jose Mourinho he will head to Old Trafford if the Red Devils spend big in the summer transfer window.
      The 26-year-old also want the Europa League defending champions to sign Tottenham goal poacher Harry Kane and Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti this summer.
      Don Balon also claimed that the Brazilian persuaded Mourinho to keep hold of Paul Pogba and David De Gea at the end of the season.
      Both United players have been tipped to join Real Madrid when this season wraps up next month, and with all these conditions met, the Red Devils would have fulfilled all requirements to sign the former Barca star ahead of Real this summer.
      Neymar is currently sidelined with a foot injury but the Brazil star is hoping to be fit for the World Cup in Russia this summer.
      He joined the Spanish League side in the summer of 2013, having spent four seasons at Santos with 54 goals from 102 matches for the Brazilian topflight side.
      The winger continued his exploit in the La Liga with an impressive run of 68 goals in 123 games for the Catalan club within the space of four years.
    • By stone bridge
      Ian Wright thinks Anthony Martial has “fallen off a cliff” at Manchester United and Jose Mourinho would prefer to let him go than Marcus Rashford.

There have been reports in the media that both Martial and Rashford are unhappy with their lack of starts this season.
      Martial in particular has found his opportunities limited as of late, starting just four games since Alexis Sanchez’s arrival in January.
        And former Arsenal and England striker Wright told The Debate: “He has almost fallen off a cliff with Mourinho and if he had to let one of them [Martial or Rashford] go it would probably be Martial.”
      Asked whether Martial and Rashford should be thinking about leaving, Wright added: “They should be thinking about it with everything that’s happening and the way United play.
      “They should be a lot closer to Manchester City with the quality they have got but they have not been able to really express themselves in the way they want to.”
      Former Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy agreed with Wright on Martial, saying: “I like him but he frustrates me. I watch him and I’m thinking ‘please use your pace, go on the outside for once’. He has all that ability.
      “To play out wide for Mourinho is a difficult job, he asks a lot, especially going the other way.”
      Rashford came up through the United academy but was only a late substitute in the derby win over Manchester City last weekend.
      “I would be worried if he didn’t want to play and wasn’t disappointed with not starting,” said Bellamy.
      “But I am sure Man Utd are looking at it and thinking ‘he isn’t going’. He might not be getting the game time he wants and maybe not next year if one or two players come in, but he could go on loan and go to a club they want because he is going to be there for the long haul, because he’s that good a player.
      “If he was available there would be a queue of clubs, top clubs, wanting to sign him. I think he’s going to be a star, one of the top players.”
    • By stone bridge

‘MANCHESTER CITY MUST BE PERFECT AGAINST LIVERPOOL’ – GUARDIOLA
      MANCHESTER CITY MANAGER, PEP GUARDIOLA HAS ADMITTED THAT HIS SIDE PLAYERS MUST PRODUCE A “PERFECT” PERFORMANCE AGAINST LIVERPOOL IN THE SECOND LEG OF THEIR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL CLASH TO HAVE ANY HOPE OF QUALIFICATION.
      Manchester City head into the game at the receiving end of a 3-0 defeat from the first leg, and Guardiola believes that his team must be flawless to stand any chance of progressing to the next round.
      “To go through we have to have the perfect game. Create a lot of chances and be clinical when you create those chances. Concede few chances. Defend well with our goalkeeper making saves,” Sky Sports News quotes Guardiola as saying.
        “All the conditions have to be almost perfect for us to go through because the first result was tough. We have 90 minutes and we know anything can happen.
      “Of course we have to score the first one and then the second, we’ll see. The momentum when we are in the Champions League, we have to try to make it last longer.”

• By stone bridge

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, is to sign a one-year extension to his contract worth £20million.
      The deal would make him the world’s best-paid manager and keep him at The Etihad until 2020.
        Guardiola’s current contract expires next summer, but he said to be keen to stay and build on this impressive season, with City close to winning the Premier League.
      According to the Mirror, the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager held a meeting with City owner Sheikh Mansour and chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak in Abu Dhabi last month.
      City was in the Middle East for four days of warm weather training and it was there where he reportedly agreed to extend his stay.
      Guardiola took charge of City in the summer of 2016.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: November 26, 2017 14:51:27

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.