ISIS threatens to attack the World Cup: Terrorists warn Russian president will ‘pay the price for killing Muslims’By stone bridge
ISIS has threatened that Russian President Vladimir Putin will ‘pay the price for killing Muslims’, in the diminishing terror group’s latest poster targeting the World Cup.
The poster shows a jihadist emerging from an explosion and holding an AK-47 aloft, with a packed football arena in the background.
President Putin can be seen on the left of the image with a black and orange target aiming straight at him.
Across the poster is written; ‘Russia 2018. Putin you disbeliever. You will pay the price for killing Muslims.’
The threat is likely to be linked to Putin’s support for Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad in his government’s fight against ISIS – a battle also fought by U.S.-backed Kurdish forces and other rebel factions in Syria.
The poster was picked up by terror monitoring groups on Twitter after it made the rounds on encrypted messaging app Telegram.
This is only the latest in a series of posters published by the pro-ISIS ‘Wafa Media Foundation’ threatening terror attacks on the World Cup.
Last month, ISIS supporters targeted Argentinian footballer Lionel Messi in a poster showing him kneeling next to a jihadist.
Messi is seen in the orange jumpsuit, often worn by victims in ISIS’s execution videos, kneeling on the grass of Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium – the venue for the World Cup final.
Previous posters have shown a rifle-carrying ISIS fighter and a bomb baring the infamous black ISIS flag in front of a football stadium with the 2018 World Cup logo.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be played across 11 cities in Russia from June 14 to July 15, when the final will be played at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
Tens of thousands of England fans are expected to base themselves in St Petersburg for the month-long finals
St Petersburg, Russia’s second largest city, was the scene of an horrific ISIS attack when a briefcase bomb detonated on the underground in April, killing 14 people.
The blast was in retaliation to Russia’s airstrikes in Syria that have helped bring the regime to its knees.
Thousands of Russians from mainly central Asia have travelled to the Middle East to fight for ISIS.
Experts in Moscow believe around 2,400 joined the regime in 2015 alone.
England’s involvement in the tournament has been questioned in the wake of the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal in Salisbury which the government has blamed on Russia.
Some politicians have called for the national team to boycott the tournament.
President Macron of France says he has PROOF that Assad launched horrifying gas attack in Syria that killed at least 40By stone bridge
Emmanuel Macron has claimed he has ‘proof’ that the regime of Bashar al-Assad launched a horrifying gas attack in Syria.
The French President suggested chlorine may have been used in the atrocity on Saturday that left at least 40 dead in the rebel-held town of Douma and prompted Donald Trump to consider launching airstrikes.
Assad denies carrying out the attack and Russia has accused aid workers of faking the incident.
But Macron said today: ‘We have proof that chemical weapons were used last week, at least chlorine, and that they were used by the regime of Bashar al-Assad.’
Macron added that he was in daily contact with US President Donald Trump and that they would decide on their response ‘at a time of our choosing when we judge it to be the most useful and the most effective.’
The French leader, who had made the use of chemical weapons in Syria a ‘red line’, said one of his aims in Syria was to ‘remove the regime’s chemical attack capabilities’.
But he repeated that he wanted to also avoid ‘an escalation’.
‘France will in no way allow an escalation or anything that would harm regional stability, but we cannot allow regimes that believe they can act with impunity to violate international law in the worst possible way.’
By stone bridge
Suspected thugs have reportedly attacked the campaign office of former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, in Katsina state.
According to The Cable, the thugs destroyed vehicles inside the premises located along Dandagoro road, Batagarawa local government area.
The suspects also attacked supporters of Atiku.
Jacob D!ckson, spokesman of Atiku’s campaign in the north-west geopolitical zone, claimed items worth “hundreds of millions of naira were destroyed during the attack.”
Atiku campaign office attacked by suspected thugs. Credit: The Cable
A witness claimed the suspects came to spy on members of the Peoples Democratic Party before attacking them.
He said: “We (supporters of Atiku) went to the PDP northwest zonal rally that took place at the party’s secretariat in Katsina and returned to celebrate the colourful outing in our befitting campaign office refurbished in support of Atiku’s candidature ahead of the forthcoming general elections in 2019 when the Armed bandits and Armed thugs stormed and attacked us.
“Initially, they came in to spy on us before going back to pick up their arms to launch the attack. They smashed windscreens, mirrors and bodies of vehicles parked within the premises of the campaign office with cutlasses, sticks and others they were carrying on their hands.
“They damage our fence, brought down our party flags erected round the fence and went away with some of the party flags.
“We have reported the case at the Divisional Police Office in Batagarawa and the DPO with his men have swung into action immediately.”
Meanwhile, National Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, said disagreements and debates that characterized activities of the party lately were hallmarks of progressive politics.
He stated this at the party´s National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting on Monday, April 9 in Abuja.
The APC has been embroiled in rancor after the Feb. 27 meeting of NEC where one year tenure extension for its National Working Committee (NWC) and executive committees at all levels across the country, was approved.
The acrimony in the party heightened when at another NEC meeting on March 27, President Muhammadu Buhari objected to the tenure elongation on grounds that it was unconstitutional, and therefore, illegal.
By stone bridge
According to reports reaching 9jaonline.com A van crashed into a crowd of people outside a restaurant in Germany this afternoon killing three people and injuring more than 30 others. Authorities are treating the incident, which happened outside the four-star eatery Grosser Kiepenkerl, in Münster, as a terror attack although this is yet to be officially confirmed.
According to Metro Uk, Police said driver killed himself and several sources reported he “shot himself dead”. This is yet to be confirmed.
First pictures from the scene show a busy pedestrianised square with a mass of chairs and tables in disarray moments after the smash.
Families previously enjoying food and sunshine close to the Kiepenkerl statue appear scattered; tending to victims and pointing towards the devastation.
One photo shows what appears to be a grey van crashed into the side of a building.
Police are in the process of clearing the area and part of the old town is sealed off.
Emergency services are on site with helicopters and, according to reports, officers are looking for explosives.
The Rheinische Post said there have been at least three fatalities and multiple injuries. Police said on the Twitter the situation is still “confusing”.
A fire department spokesman said around 50 people have been affected.
The attack happened in Kiepenkerl, Munster, Germany according to reports.
We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
By stone bridge
Governor Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai of Kaduna State has said that he did not attack the founder of Microsoft, Mr Bill Gate over Nigeria’s economic recovery and growth plan.
Speaking during the closing ceremony of the Kaduna Investment Summit (KADINVEST 3.0) on Thursday, El-Rufai said though, there was nothing wrong in attacking Bill Gate, he never did, but merely put things in proper perspective.
He insisted that Gate got it wrong in his opinion on which tier of government should invest more in education and healthcare.
El-Rufai explained, “Coming to the economic recovery growth plan, we were all involved in it as state governments and we all keyed into it. The whole idea is that we internalise the plan and support the macro plan. That is what we are doing in Kaduna. We have our own development plan which aligns with the Federal Government economic recovery growth plan.
“A few weeks ago, when Microsoft founder Bill Gate came to Nigeria and appealed to the Nigerian government to invest more in education, I made a comment that was reported widely as attacking Bill Gate. It was not an attack on Bill Gate, it merely putting things in the contest.
“Mr Gate observed that, in the economic recovery and growth plan, there was not enough money for human capital development, for Health and Education and I did not disagree. What I merely pointed out is that the economic recovery and growth plan has numbers that reflected Federal Government’s investment in health and education.
“But the federal government only dealt with tertiary education and healthcare to a large extent. The bulk of education and healthcare investment are subnational because of primary education, junior secondary education and primary health care where most of the problems are, are all within the purview of state government, just like secondary healthcare are all under the state government.
“What I told Mr Gate is that you have identified the problem correctly, but you are looking at the wrong tier of government to handle it. The state and local governments have the responsibilities to invest in education and healthcare. So, it is up to state governments to invest more in education and healthcare and I gave an example of what we are doing in Kaduna and also urged my colleagues, the Governors to do same. Because, unless the state governments do so, the country will be clapping with one hand.”
“That is what I said, but it was misrepresented to mean that, I was attacking Bill Gate. There is nothing wrong with attacking Bill Gate, we can differ, but that is not what I happened, I merely explained the context, where the investment should be.
“But, I must add that, Bill Gate is a big partner, he has invested $1.6billion in Nigeria. And a large percentage of that money was invested in Kaduna State. I will not disclose how much, because other states will be envious.” El-Rufai explained.
By stone bridge
Four family members have been confirmed killed in a night attack on Mbiya central village on the outskirts of Takum town, Takum Local Government Area of the state. The Chairman of Takum Local Government in Taraba State, Shiban Tikare, on Wednesday, while confirming the killings said a nine-month-old baby survived the attack, that the attackers invaded the village around 2 am on Wednesday and slaughtered the four family members who were deep asleep.
He said, “We heard gunshots around 1 am along Takum-Ussa road and as we were making efforts to mobilise policemen to the area, we heard gunshots at Mbiya Central, a community just on the outskirts of the town.
“By the time we got there, four people had been slaughtered like chickens; a man, his wife and two children.
“A baby mysteriously survived the attack. The attackers whom we suspect to be Fulani herdsmen also attacked Basam, a village close to Gen. T.Y. Danjuma’s farm and set the whole village ablaze.”
By stone bridge
FABOLOUS COULD FACE 5 YEARS IN PRISON FOR ALLEGED EMILY BATTACK
New York rapper Fabolous has some serious pressure on his head. New reports claim the hip-hop veteran could spend five years behind bars if prosecutors go at him for his recent domestic violence arrest.
According to reports, Fab faces aggravated assault and terroristic threats.
Yesterday, G-Unit boss 50 Cent delivered a savage Fab meme in light of his publicized domestic violence arrest.
Board Life Status
Board startup date: November 26, 2017 14:51:27