ISIS threatens to attack the World Cup: Terrorists warn Russian president will ‘pay the price for killing Muslims’By stone bridge
ISIS has threatened that Russian President Vladimir Putin will ‘pay the price for killing Muslims’, in the diminishing terror group’s latest poster targeting the World Cup.
The poster shows a jihadist emerging from an explosion and holding an AK-47 aloft, with a packed football arena in the background.
President Putin can be seen on the left of the image with a black and orange target aiming straight at him.
Across the poster is written; ‘Russia 2018. Putin you disbeliever. You will pay the price for killing Muslims.’
The threat is likely to be linked to Putin’s support for Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad in his government’s fight against ISIS – a battle also fought by U.S.-backed Kurdish forces and other rebel factions in Syria.
The poster was picked up by terror monitoring groups on Twitter after it made the rounds on encrypted messaging app Telegram.
This is only the latest in a series of posters published by the pro-ISIS ‘Wafa Media Foundation’ threatening terror attacks on the World Cup.
Last month, ISIS supporters targeted Argentinian footballer Lionel Messi in a poster showing him kneeling next to a jihadist.
Messi is seen in the orange jumpsuit, often worn by victims in ISIS’s execution videos, kneeling on the grass of Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium – the venue for the World Cup final.
Previous posters have shown a rifle-carrying ISIS fighter and a bomb baring the infamous black ISIS flag in front of a football stadium with the 2018 World Cup logo.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be played across 11 cities in Russia from June 14 to July 15, when the final will be played at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
Tens of thousands of England fans are expected to base themselves in St Petersburg for the month-long finals
St Petersburg, Russia’s second largest city, was the scene of an horrific ISIS attack when a briefcase bomb detonated on the underground in April, killing 14 people.
The blast was in retaliation to Russia’s airstrikes in Syria that have helped bring the regime to its knees.
Thousands of Russians from mainly central Asia have travelled to the Middle East to fight for ISIS.
Experts in Moscow believe around 2,400 joined the regime in 2015 alone.
England’s involvement in the tournament has been questioned in the wake of the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal in Salisbury which the government has blamed on Russia.
Some politicians have called for the national team to boycott the tournament.
President Macron of France says he has PROOF that Assad launched horrifying gas attack in Syria that killed at least 40By stone bridge
Emmanuel Macron has claimed he has ‘proof’ that the regime of Bashar al-Assad launched a horrifying gas attack in Syria.
The French President suggested chlorine may have been used in the atrocity on Saturday that left at least 40 dead in the rebel-held town of Douma and prompted Donald Trump to consider launching airstrikes.
Assad denies carrying out the attack and Russia has accused aid workers of faking the incident.
But Macron said today: ‘We have proof that chemical weapons were used last week, at least chlorine, and that they were used by the regime of Bashar al-Assad.’
Macron added that he was in daily contact with US President Donald Trump and that they would decide on their response ‘at a time of our choosing when we judge it to be the most useful and the most effective.’
The French leader, who had made the use of chemical weapons in Syria a ‘red line’, said one of his aims in Syria was to ‘remove the regime’s chemical attack capabilities’.
But he repeated that he wanted to also avoid ‘an escalation’.
‘France will in no way allow an escalation or anything that would harm regional stability, but we cannot allow regimes that believe they can act with impunity to violate international law in the worst possible way.’
By stone bridge
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday said the herdsmen wreaking havoc across the country are gunmen trained by the late Libyan President Muammar Gadaffi.
Speaking with the Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby at the Abuja House in London, Buhari said the gunmen escaped into Nigeria and other West African countries after Gadaffi’s death.
“The problem is even older than us. It has always been there, but now made worse by the influx of gunmen from the Sahel region into different parts of the West African sub-region,” he said in response to Archbishop Welby’s question on the herdsmen crisis.
“They were trained and armed by Muammar Gadaffi of Libya. When he was killed, the gunmen escaped with their arms. We encountered some of them fighting with Boko Haram.
“Herdsmen that we used to know carried only sticks and maybe a cutlass to clear the way, but these ones now carry sophisticated weapons. The problem is not religious, but sociological and economic. But we are working on solutions.”
The President said “irresponsible politics” had been brought into the farmers/herders’ crisis, promising that enduring solutions would be found, and justice done to all concerned.
He said he declared his second-term bid on Monday before his London trip because many Nigerians were “talking too much” about whether he was going to run or not.
On Leah Sharibu, the Dapchi schoolgirl still being held by insurgents for refusing to renounce Christianity, the President said: “We are managing the matter quietly. Making noise would not help. We are collecting as much intelligence as possible, working with the Red Cross and other international organisations.
“There are too many fraudulent people around, who claim they can do this and that. We won’t deal with them. That was how we got the Dapchi girls back, and the Chibok girls.”
Archbishop Welby said it was always a delight to see President Buhari, adding that he would pray for him on his decision to seek a second term.
He later presented President Buhari with a copy of his recent book: “Reimagining Britain. Foundations for Hope.”
‘Go Home And Defend Yourselves With Stones Against Herdsmen’- Benue State Governor Ortom Tells ResidentsBy stone bridge
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Tuesday told the Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, to go home and use stones to defend themselves.
Ortom explained that he was tired of keeping IDPs in camps over the uncontrollable killings in the state.
He, therefore, charged residents to embrace self-defense.
The governor said this during his visit to the displaced persons after armed herdsmen attacked Naka, Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State.
This was after the Chairman, Gwer West Local Government Council of Chiefs, Chief Daniel Abomtse said that 24 persons were killed on Thursday’s attack on Mbapa, Mbapupuu, Mbachohon, and Enger, all in Agagbe District in Gwer-West LGA.
He said, “David in the Bible used an ordinary stone to defeat his enemy, it is now time for you to stay at home and use the stone in your homes to defend yourself instead of running away.
“I believe in the rule of law, equity, and fairness, but I cannot continue to keep IDPs and l can’t afford to have another IDPs in Gwer West. This must stop. We must stop truncating the future of our younger generation.
“When we allow laws to be violated and nobody takes action, it then allows for impunity and when you give room to impunity, it will result to anarchy which will in turn breed a lawless society.
“Therefore, we the citizens must rise up to support the security agencies by way of providing lawful and necessary logistics such as information, equipment, and financial support to back up their operations.
“Just yesterday (Monday), a soldier was killed in Guma, security agents are not spared. Security challenges are enormous. The gruesome murder of 24 people by Fulani herdsmen is quite condemnable.
“Time has come if you are willing to live in Benue State, you must be ready and willing to be law abiding.”
The governor added that the state government was working with traditional rulers and other necessary organs of government to strengthen the vigilante team so as to give it full legal backing that would enable the group to assist the security personnel in curbing criminal activities in the state.
By stone bridge
Suspected thugs have reportedly attacked the campaign office of former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, in Katsina state.
According to The Cable, the thugs destroyed vehicles inside the premises located along Dandagoro road, Batagarawa local government area.
The suspects also attacked supporters of Atiku.
Jacob D!ckson, spokesman of Atiku’s campaign in the north-west geopolitical zone, claimed items worth “hundreds of millions of naira were destroyed during the attack.”
Atiku campaign office attacked by suspected thugs. Credit: The Cable
A witness claimed the suspects came to spy on members of the Peoples Democratic Party before attacking them.
He said: “We (supporters of Atiku) went to the PDP northwest zonal rally that took place at the party’s secretariat in Katsina and returned to celebrate the colourful outing in our befitting campaign office refurbished in support of Atiku’s candidature ahead of the forthcoming general elections in 2019 when the Armed bandits and Armed thugs stormed and attacked us.
“Initially, they came in to spy on us before going back to pick up their arms to launch the attack. They smashed windscreens, mirrors and bodies of vehicles parked within the premises of the campaign office with cutlasses, sticks and others they were carrying on their hands.
“They damage our fence, brought down our party flags erected round the fence and went away with some of the party flags.
“We have reported the case at the Divisional Police Office in Batagarawa and the DPO with his men have swung into action immediately.”
Meanwhile, National Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, said disagreements and debates that characterized activities of the party lately were hallmarks of progressive politics.
He stated this at the party´s National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting on Monday, April 9 in Abuja.
The APC has been embroiled in rancor after the Feb. 27 meeting of NEC where one year tenure extension for its National Working Committee (NWC) and executive committees at all levels across the country, was approved.
The acrimony in the party heightened when at another NEC meeting on March 27, President Muhammadu Buhari objected to the tenure elongation on grounds that it was unconstitutional, and therefore, illegal.
By stone bridge
The Kwara state government on Saturday, April 7, has announced a reward of N5 million for anyone with useful information that can lead to the arrest of robbers who attacked five banks in Offa on Thursday, April 5.
Premium Times reports that the governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, in a statement by his senior special assistant on media and communications, Muyideen Akorede, called on anyone with useful information on the incident to contact the state police command.
Anyone with information on the robbery should contact the following numbers: 0803 739 1280 and 0803 236 5122.
He said: “While we mourn our dead with a heart full of sadness, and care for the injured by paying all their medical bills, we will do everything in our power to bring the attackers to justice and ensure that never again does any community or people in our state experience such tragedy.”
The governor also assured informants of anonymity and protection if they come forward with names of the attackers.
No less than seventeen people were killed in Offa, Kwara state, on Thursday, April 5, after a group of armed robbers stormed the town to rob five banks. The robbers also attacked a local police station in the town, killing eight officers and four people in police custody.
The Kwara police commissioner Lawan Ado said five residents were shot and killed on the street of Offa by the robbers.
By stone bridge
Former Senate Leader, Senator Teslim Kolawole Folarin has declared that he is not desperate to govern Oyo State.
Folarin made this known on Wednesday while speaking with journalists shortly after he paid a condolence visit to the Ibadan residence of a third republic Senator and Agbaakin of Ogbomosoland, Chief Ayantayo Ayandele, who died recently.
The ex-Senate leader said contrary to rumour, he was yet to declare his governorship ambition because the decision of who would succeed the present governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi rested in the hands of the governor.
Folarin said “In 2015, I was in the PDP and we didn’t have a sitting governor then but now in APC, we have a sitting governor who is doing well, he will determine a lot of things.
“I am ambitious, I want to be governor, I want to be President if I get the support, at least, I am a Senator, former Senate leader but I am not also stupid because I know that it is not possible to be anything without the support of the man who is leaving, that is why you don’t see me wasting my time.
“I am experienced in the game, but governor Ajimobi is the main man; if we don’t have a sitting governor, you can scheme and there is no better schemer than me but we have a sitting governor who holds the ace.
“If he (governor Ajimobi) says Teslim Folarin, I want you to succeed me, yes sir, if he says Teslim Folarin I want you to return to the Senate, yes sir, if he says Teslim Folarin I want you to stay at home, yes sir, but he has not told anybody anything”.
The ex-Senate leader, who was accompanied by some of his loyalists, described the deceased as a man who lived a simple life.
He said he knew the deceased in 2003 before his election to the Senate and since then he had continued to learn many things from him.
According to him, “He lived a simple life. I know him in 2003 during my electioneering campaign, he is a very straightforward person, since then he has continued to be a role model.
“I even said he is not supposed to be a politician, because politicians don’t behave that way. I was surprised about his behaviour.”
The Senator died on Saturday 24th March and would be buried on Friday 13th April at First Baptist Church Ogbomoso.
Board Life Status
Board startup date: November 26, 2017 14:51:27