9jaonline.com
Sign in to follow this  
stone bridge

Fire Breaks Out On Trump Tower Roof

newyork-fire-trump-tower.jpg

A little fire broke out on the top of Trump Tower on Monday morning, authorities said. 

Smoke was seen surging off the highest point of the Manhattan high rise, conveying for a few squares. 

Firefighters were called to the Fifth Ave. high rise, situated at East 56thSt., at around 7:20 Monday morning. The blast seemed to soften out up the building's warming and cooling framework, the FDNY said. 

They immediately thumped the fire back, yet firefighters are as of now ensuring it didn't spread. 

No wounds were instantly revealed, and examiners are investigating what may have started the burst. 

While President Trump and the First Family now live in the White House, the president keeps up a palatial condo in the 58-story tower. 

article-tower2-0108.jpg

New York Daily News revealed that the President was in Washington at the season of the fire.

article-tower-0108.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By stone bridge
      Former FBI Director James Comey has accused US President Donald Trump of being “m0rally unfit” for the presidency and treating women like “pieces of meat” in his first television interview since being fired last year.

Speaking to ABC’s 20/20, Comey said “the challenge of this president is that he will stain everyone around him”.
      The television interview on Sunday comes ahead of the release of Comey’s book, A Higher Loyalty, on Tuesday.
      According to the transcript of the four-hour interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos, Comey said he does not think Trump is “medically unfit to be president”, but rather “m0rally unfit to be president”.
      “A person who sees m0ral equivalence in Charlottesville, who talks about and treats women like they’re pieces of meat, who lies constantly about matters big and small and insists the American people believe it, that person’s not fit to be president of the United States, on m0ral grounds,” Comey said.
      The former FBI director was referring to last August’s “Unite the Right” rally that turned deadly when a white supremacist allegedly rammed his car into a group of anti-racist protesters, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer. Trump blamed “both sides” for the violence.
      ‘Some evidence of obstruction of justice’
      Comey has been embroiled in controversy since reopening an investigation into whether Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email serve while US secretary of state during Barack Obama’s first term as president compromised national security.
      Clinton said the release of a letter stating the FBI had uncovered new emails just days before the elections helped hand the election to Trump.
      Once Trump took office, the president and Comey feuded over the FBI’s investigation into allegations of Russian meddling in the 2016 US presidential election and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.
      Comey said there is “certainly some evidence” when asked whether the US president committed obstruction of justice when Trump allegedly asked top aides to leave the Oval Office to privately ask Comey to drop his investigation into then-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.
      Flynn was fired from his post last year.
      Comey added that the prosecutor would need to evaluate if “other things reflected on [Trump’s] intent”.
      ‘Impeachment would let Americans off the hook’
      Comey said he does not hope for Trump’s impeachment because “impeaching and removing Donald Trump from office would let the American people off the hook and have something happen indirectly that I believe they’re duty bound to do directly”.
      He added: “People in this country need to stand up and go to the voting booth and vote their values.”
      ‘Trump doesn’t value the truth’
      Comey repeatedly pointed to how he feels like the president does not value the truth and how he has lied to the American people.
      “There’s something more important than that that should unite all of us, and that is our president must embody respect and adhere to the values that are at the core of this country,” Comey said.
      “The most important being truth. This president is not able to do that. He is m0rally unfit to be president.”
      Prior to Sunday’s interview, Trump took to Twitter, calling the former FBI director “not smart” and saying he “will go down as the WORST FBI Director in history”.
      The White House has not commented on the interview, but the Republican National Committee did respond on Twitter saying Comey “isn’t credible”.
      What else did Comey say?
      On Clinton’s assertion the letter about the investigation into her use of a private email server help cost her the election:
      “I hope not…I honestly don’t know. I sure hope not. But – the honest answer is, it wouldn’t change the way I think about it.”
      On whether he would send the letter on Clinton’s emails again knowing Trump would win the election:
      “I would…In fact, that was a question asked by one of my best people – a deputy general counsel in the FBI who is a very thoughtful and quiet person, who didn’t speak a lot. And that – that morning we were making that decision, she asked, ‘Should you consider that what you’re about do to may help elect Donald Trump president?’
      “And I paused, and then I said, ‘Thank you for asking that question. That’s a great question.’ But the answer is not for a moment because down that path lies the death of the FBI as an independent force in American life. If I ever start considering whose political fortunes will be affected by a decision, we’re done.”
      On finding out about his firing from television:
      “One of the many great things about the FBI is we have some hilarious pranksters in that organisation, and so I thought it was a scam by someone on my staff. So I turn to them and I said, ‘Someone put a lotta work into that.’ And then I continued talking.
      “And then that changed on the screens, which showed the different networks, changed to, ‘Comey fired.’”
    • By stone bridge
      President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria will meet Donald Trump in Washington on April 30 to discuss issues including “fighting terrorism” and economic growth, the White House announced Sunday.

“President Trump looks forward to discussing ways to enhance our strategic partnership and advance our shared priorities: promoting economic growth and reforms, fighting terrorism and other threats to peace and security, and building on Nigeria’s role as a democratic leader in the region,” the White House said in a statement.
      “The relationship of the United States with Nigeria is deep and strong, and Nigeria’s economic growth, security, and leadership in Africa will advance our mutual prosperity.”
      Nigeria, West Africa’s largest economy, is among the countries combatting Islamist extremism with help from the United States.
        The nation is battling an array of security threats across its territory, from Boko Haram jihadists in the northeast to oil militants in the south.
      The announcement of the visit comes one day after the fourth anniversary of the Chibok schoolgirls abduction, which saw Boko Haram kidnap 276 girls.
      Fifty-seven escaped in the immediate aftermath and four years on, 112 are still being held — a global symbol of the Islamist insurgency that has devastated the region.
      The Nigerian president’s White House visit also follows a scandal that erupted in January when Trump allegedly branded African nations “Sh!thole countries.”
      The reported remark triggered global outrage and forced the US president to pen a letter reaffirming his commitment to the continent.
      Nigeria was among the countries included on Trump’s ex-secretary of state Rex Tillerson’s Africa tour last month — though the former Texas oilman truncated the trip just before the US president brutally sacked him.
      Before returning to Washington, Tillerson had notably promised Nigeria’s support ranging from equipment to intelligence to helping secure the swift release of kidnapped schoolgirls.
      – ‘Baba Go Slow’ –
      Buhari, a 75-year-old former general and one-time military head of state, announced earlier this month he would seek re-election next year — a move that laid to rest months of speculation over his health.
      Nicknamed “Baba Go Slow” for his lethargic pace in office, Buhari spent months in London last year seeking medical treatment for an undisclosed illness.
      If nominated, he faces the Herculean task of convincing Nigerians he is the best candidate to steer the country out of its worst recession in 25 years, after implementing a series of unorthodox policies blamed for worsening the economic crisis.
      He was voted into power in 2015 on a platform vowing to crack down on endemic graft and stamp out Boko Haram.
      Boko Haram still stages deadly attacks on military and civilian targets despite Buhari’s insistence that the group is “technically” defeated.
      In February, the Islamists embarrassed the government by driving unopposed into the northeastern town of Dapchi and kidnapping over 100 schoolgirls.

• By stone bridge

“PLEASE GO BACK TO RAPPING FILTHY LYRICS”: TOMI LAHREN FIRES SHOTS AT JAY-Z FOR DONALD TRUMP DISSES
      Fox News correspondent Tomi Lahren has more than ether for JAY-Z. The blonde news personality has fired off some big shots at Young Hov over his recent criticisms of President Donald Trump.
      In a “Fox News Insider” segment, Lahren ripped JAY for going at Trump and questioning the presidency in a new “My Next Guest Needs No Introduction” Netflix episode.
      In his Q&A with late night talk show icon David Letterman, JAY didn’t hold back on addressing Trump.
        The rapper argues that Trump is “forcing people to … have a conversation and band together and work together.” “You can’t really address something that’s not revealed,” the rapper continues. “[Trump] is bringing out an ugly side of America that we wanted to believe was gone … We still gotta deal with it. We have to have tough conversations – talk about the N-word, talk about why white men are so privileged in this country.” (Rolling Stone)
      As of late, fellow New York rapper 50 Cent has trolled President Trump across social media.
    • By stone bridge
      Stormy Daniels’s attorney said on Thursday that President Trump claims he was unaware of the $130,000 payment his attorney made to the P0rn star days before the 2016 election.

“He’s effectively thrown, Michael Cohen now under the bus,” Michael Avenatti said.
      “This is an undisciplined guy, who you know, he finally cracked. We knew he would crack eventually. We’d been patient, I’ve been waiting, and low and behold, who would have thought that it would arrive on this Thursday on this glorious day in New York,” he continued.
        Avenatti said they he would file a petition to depose the president on Monday.
      “My understanding is that he denied a couple subsequent questions as to whether he has set up a fund from which this payment would be made or reimbursed.
      “I find that quite interesting. And I find that certainly a topic that we’re going to explore in connection with his deposition, which we’re going to be making a petition for on Monday,” he said.
      Trump for the first time publicly acknowledged the scandal regarding Daniels’s claim that the two had an extramarital affair on Thursday, telling reporters on Air Force One that he did not know where his attorney Michael Cohen obtained the funds to pay Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford.
      The money was part of an agreement to stop her from publicly discussing her affair with Trump and was made in the days before the 2016 presidential election.
      “You’ll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael is my attorney. You’ll have to ask Michael,” Trump said.
    • By stone bridge

Unknown gunmen have reportedly killed 15 Fulani herdsmen in the latest bout of violence in northern Nigeria’s herding communities. The Police Command’s Spokesman, DSP Mohammed Shehu confirmed this to newsmen in Gusau.
      He said that the killing was perpetrated by gunmen who came in large numbers and attacked the village in the early hours of Wednesday, shooting sporadically.
        “The villagers who were taken unawares were quick to alert a nearby mobile police patrol team which ca me and engaged the bandits in a gun battle. “The policemen overpowered the bandits even as many of them escaped with gunshot wounds,”‎ Shehu said.

He, however, urged members of the public to be on alert to report to the nearest authority anyone seen with bullet wounds and seeking medical attention.
      “Armed bandits attacked Bawon-Daji village yesterday and killed 15 people,” the police spokesman for Zamfara state, Muhammad Shehu, told AFP.

• By stone bridge

Okagbare breaks 22-year-old African record
      26-year-old Nigerian athlete, Blessing Okagbare, at the weekend shattered a 22-year-old 200m African record previously held by her compatriot, Mary Onyali.
      Okagbare broke the African Record of 22.07secs in the women 200m when she ran a new Personal Best and also a new African record of 22.04secs (+0.5) at the Wes Kittley Invitational Track & Field Meet at Abilene Christian University. .
      Apart from becoming the new African record, Okagbare’s winning time also becomes the new national record in the women’s 200m. She now holds the Nigerian records in the women’s 100m (

• By stone bridge

Everyone dreams of their wedding day. But for one bride in Benue state, participating in her traditional wedding last weekend was more than she could take.
      Bride Miss Nguemo Agera from Benue state, had long-awaited the day she could marry her fiance Mr Terver from Mase people of Gwer East, and when she finally was to proceed with her handover, she broke down in tears.

Photos from her big day shared by a family member are below. The pics were captioned:
      More Photos below…

WHY DO BRIDES, GROOMS CRY DURING WEDDINGS?
      According to a report, the custom of crying during weddings, especially during traditional weddings existed a long time ago.
      According to elderly people in some traditions, every bride has to cry at the wedding. Otherwise, the bride’s neighbours would look down upon her as a poorly cultivated girl and she would become the laughingstock of the village.
      In fact, there are traditions in which the bride is beaten by her mother for not crying at the wedding ceremony.
      In some other traditions, usually, the bride begins to cry a month before the wedding day. As the night falls, the bride walks inside the hall and weeps for about an hour.
      Ten days later, her mother joins her, crying together with her.; Another ten days later, the grandmother joins the daughter and mother, to cry together with them. The sisters and aunts of the bride, if she has any, also have to join the crying.
      A groom was once asked why he cried at his wedding, read his reply below:
    • By stone bridge

The family of a young Nigerian lady has are in a mourning mood following her tragic and untimely death. The deceased identified as Nana passed away on Sunday following injuries she sustained after a fire outbreak at her home.
      According to reports, the lady got married on Saturday, 10/03/2018 and their home caught fire three days later 13/03/2018…
        She was rushed to the hospital where she was treated by medical personnel before passing away yesterday.
      May her soul rest in peace.

Board Life Status

Board startup date: November 26, 2017 14:51:27

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.