9jaonline.com
Sign in to follow this  
bobdiva

I Have Not Withdrawn From Presidential Race – Governor Fayose

Ayodele-Fayose.jpg

The Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, yesterday insisted that he has not withdrawn from the 2019 presidential race in spite of the fact that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had zoned the ticket to the North.

Fayose said he decided to soft-pedal on his campaign because of the July 14, 2018 Ekiti governorship poll, saying the campaign will begin to gain traction after the state election.

The governor added that he would repeat a resounding victory against Dr Kayode Fayemi if he is picked as the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), saying he is not threatened by his rumoured ambition.

On the agitations of some PDP aggrieved aspirants that Fayose should be prevented from interfering with the primary, the governor assured that the state has no role to play in the shadow election, saying it remains the prerogative of the Chief Uche Secondus-led National Working Committee.

Some aggrieved PDP aspirants like; former Minister of Works, Prince Dayo Adeyeye, Senator Biodun Olujimi, Amb Dare Bejide, Owoseeni Ajayi, had at a joint press conference on Monday advised Secondus to checkmate Fayose and ensure that credible primary is conducted in Ekiti.

Speaking during an interactive session with teachers in public primary and secondary schools at the government house in Ado Ekiti, Fayose said: “I am still in the presidential race I am only waiting for the time Ekiti governorship election will hold so I can have the time. Though, I am making contacts, I am reaching out to the people that matter across the country”.

On the primary election in Ekiti, Fayose said: “I have no role to play, only the NWC will present the delegate lists for them to elect the candidate, so I won’t interfere despite my support for Prof Kolapo Olusola"

have no regret supporting Olusola , if it were those people I had supported, they won’t be abusing me. But they remain our brothers and sister and we are going to put our house in order at the right time so that we can be on the same page”, Fayose added.

Addressing the teachers, Fayose appealed to them to support Olusola the way they did to him in June 21, 2014 governorship election, where he defeated Dr Kayode Fayemi.

He promised not to owe the teachers a dime at the expiration of his tenure on October 15, 2018, saying 1000 teachers will begin to benefit certain financial benefits from him commencing from the end of this month to give them a sense of belonging in his government..

“Don’t vote for those that will come here and sack you. When they sacked your colleagues in Kaduna State, an APC leader in Ekiti said it was a right step in the right direction and I believe such person is not good for Ekiti teachers.

“Prof Olusola is a man of integrity, very hardworking and dependable, he won’t betray you. He will protect your interests and I want you to support him”, he said.

Fayose added that all the outstanding salaries, allowances, bonuses and pensions shall be paid before he finally bows out as a governor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By stone bridge

Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Tuesday told the Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs, to go home and use stones to defend themselves.
      Ortom explained that he was tired of keeping IDPs in camps over the uncontrollable killings in the state.
        He, therefore, charged residents to embrace self-defense.
      The governor said this during his visit to the displaced persons after armed herdsmen attacked Naka, Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State.
      This was after the Chairman, Gwer West Local Government Council of Chiefs, Chief Daniel Abomtse said that 24 persons were killed on Thursday’s attack on Mbapa, Mbapupuu, Mbachohon, and Enger, all in Agagbe District in Gwer-West LGA.
      He said, “David in the Bible used an ordinary stone to defeat his enemy, it is now time for you to stay at home and use the stone in your homes to defend yourself instead of running away.
      “I believe in the rule of law, equity, and fairness, but I cannot continue to keep IDPs and l can’t afford to have another IDPs in Gwer West. This must stop. We must stop truncating the future of our younger generation.
      “When we allow laws to be violated and nobody takes action, it then allows for impunity and when you give room to impunity, it will result to anarchy which will in turn breed a lawless society.
      “Therefore, we the citizens must rise up to support the security agencies by way of providing lawful and necessary logistics such as information, equipment, and financial support to back up their operations.
      “Just yesterday (Monday), a soldier was killed in Guma, security agents are not spared. Security challenges are enormous. The gruesome murder of 24 people by Fulani herdsmen is quite condemnable.
      “Time has come if you are willing to live in Benue State, you must be ready and willing to be law abiding.”
      The governor added that the state government was working with traditional rulers and other necessary organs of government to strengthen the vigilante team so as to give it full legal backing that would enable the group to assist the security personnel in curbing criminal activities in the state.
    • By stone bridge

Obafemi Awolowo was a Nigerian nationalist and political leader. He played very important roles in Nigeria’s quest for independence. He also played key parts in the First and Second Republics.
      He was the first premier of the Western Region and later federal commissioner for finance. He was also the Vice Chairman of the Federal Executive Council during the Gowon administration.
        He was also the official Leader of the Opposition in the federal parliament to the Tafawa Balewa government from 1959 to 1963.
      The man was a man of many firsts. For instance, He was the first Leader of Government Business and Minister of Local Government and Finance, and first Premier of the Western Region under Nigeria’s parliamentary system, from 1952 to 1959.
      On three occasions, Awolowo made attempts at the country’s presidency.
      Much of the progressive social legislation that has made Nigeria a modern nation is credited to him.
      In recognition of all these, Awolowo was the first individual in the modern era to be named “Leader of the Yorubas” (Asiwaju Awon Yoruba or Asiwaju Omo Oodua).
      On 9 May 1987, he died at his Ikenne home. He was aged 78.
      A part of his Ikenne home, the Efunyela Hall, was made a museum to commemorate the life and times of this sage. His widow, H.I.D Awolowo, commissioned the museum on August 4, 1989.
      Part of the items on display in the museum is an eight-sitter grey Mercedes 230.6.
      The Mercedes Benz was used by Awolowo to travel across the country during his electioneering campaign in 1979 and 1983. The car was bought in 1970.
      See the photos below:-

• By stone bridge

The Kwara state government on Saturday, April 7, has announced a reward of N5 million for anyone with useful information that can lead to the arrest of robbers who attacked five banks in Offa on Thursday, April 5.
      Premium Times reports that the governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed, in a statement by his senior special assistant on media and communications, Muyideen Akorede, called on anyone with useful information on the incident to contact the state police command.
        Anyone with information on the robbery should contact the following numbers: 0803 739 1280‬ and 0803 236 5122‬.
      He said: “While we mourn our dead with a heart full of sadness, and care for the injured by paying all their medical bills, we will do everything in our power to bring the attackers to justice and ensure that never again does any community or people in our state experience such tragedy.”
      The governor also assured informants of anonymity and protection if they come forward with names of the attackers.
      No less than seventeen people were killed in Offa, Kwara state, on Thursday, April 5, after a group of armed robbers stormed the town to rob five banks. The robbers also attacked a local police station in the town, killing eight officers and four people in police custody.
      The Kwara police commissioner Lawan Ado said five residents were shot and killed on the street of Offa by the robbers.
    • By stone bridge
      Former Senate Leader, Senator Teslim Kolawole Folarin has declared that he is not desperate to govern Oyo State.

Folarin made this known on Wednesday while speaking with journalists shortly after he paid a condolence visit to the Ibadan residence of a third republic Senator and Agbaakin of Ogbomosoland, Chief Ayantayo Ayandele, who died recently.
      The ex-Senate leader said contrary to rumour, he was yet to declare his governorship ambition because the decision of who would succeed the present governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi rested in the hands of the governor.
        Folarin said “In 2015, I was in the PDP and we didn’t have a sitting governor then but now in APC, we have a sitting governor who is doing well, he will determine a lot of things.
      “I am ambitious, I want to be governor, I want to be President if I get the support, at least, I am a Senator, former Senate leader but I am not also stupid because I know that it is not possible to be anything without the support of the man who is leaving, that is why you don’t see me wasting my time.
      “I am experienced in the game, but governor Ajimobi is the main man; if we don’t have a sitting governor, you can scheme and there is no better schemer than me but we have a sitting governor who holds the ace.
      “If he (governor Ajimobi) says Teslim Folarin, I want you to succeed me, yes sir, if he says Teslim Folarin I want you to return to the Senate, yes sir, if he says Teslim Folarin I want you to stay at home, yes sir, but he has not told anybody anything”.
      The ex-Senate leader, who was accompanied by some of his loyalists, described the deceased as a man who lived a simple life.
      He said he knew the deceased in 2003 before his election to the Senate and since then he had continued to learn many things from him.
      According to him, “He lived a simple life. I know him in 2003 during my electioneering campaign, he is a very straightforward person, since then he has continued to be a role model.
      “I even said he is not supposed to be a politician, because politicians don’t behave that way. I was surprised about his behaviour.”
      The Senator died on Saturday 24th March and would be buried on Friday 13th April at First Baptist Church Ogbomoso.
    • By stone bridge

FORMER Deputy Governor of Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore has reportedly dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
      It was gathered that Omisore’s supporters were seen burning flags of the party angrily.
        At the time of filing this report, Omisore was yet to announce his new party to pursue his governorship ambition.
      Reacting to Omisore’s defection, Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Prince Diran Odeyemi said Omisore was making a wrong political decision.
      Odeyemi said: “It is unfortunate that Otunba (Omisore) is making a wrong political decision. He should have learned from those who left PDP and came back. In politics, you don’t win all the time. So, if he does not have his way this time around, it does not mean he cannot make his way some other time. It’s his decision anyway.”

• By stone bridge
      A presidential aspirant, Mr Adamu Garba II, has said that his decision to run for president on the platform of All Progressives Congress, APC, is not to campaign for President Muhammadu Buhari, noting that he has what it takes to get the party’s ticket.

Garba, who is the founder of IPI Solutions, also said he chose the party because of his belief that it is the only platform with prospects for young people.
      Briefing newsmen at an event in Lagos to announce his decision to contest on the party’s platform, Garba said he had a superior manifesto that would fix Nigeria.
        His words: “I strongly believe the APC is a party with the right history and structures needed for me to actualise my ambition, which is to become the President of Nigeria. “We need to stay within and change the rot from within. My own candidacy is not just on the premise of becoming the President for the young people. It is not just about youthful ideas. It is more about being capable to fix Nigeria because I have a superior manifesto.” “And I believe very strongly that if APC adopts my manifesto, it is going to transform the entire country, especially under my leadership. That is why this aspiration is not just for the young but for everybody.
    • By stone bridge

Former Arsenal star, Kanu Nwankwo is astonished at how the Nigerian media reacted to a hoax that claimed he was planning on running for Nigeria’s presidency in 2019.
      Goal wrote an ‘April Fools’ article revealing that the former Super Eagle was inspired to follow in George Weah’s footsteps to help provide a better life for his fellow countrymen. But despite the article stating it was an April Fools joke, and it is written by “Loof Lirpa”, it was taken seriously by multiple media outlets who then reported on it as fact.
        This then generated heated argument across several media platforms on whether the former Champions League winner had what it takes to lead the country. However, in a chat with Goal, Kanu is shocked at the way the April Fools quickly went from hoax to fact.
      “This is meant to be a joke but people haven’t seen it that way,” he told Goal.
      “I think there is a need to inform them that it is just April Fool.
      “My immediate concern is using my vast contacts and experience to develop the Nigerian youth through sports.
      “I also want to keep saving lives through the Kanu Heart Foundation.”
      Kanu remains one of Africa’s most successful footballer winning over 20 accolades [individual, country and club] in his career that spanned two decades.
    • By stone bridge
      A bathroom is supposed to be a safe haven; one of the few places where you can get a moment to yourself.
      However, this wasn’t the case for a handful of unlucky Imgur users, who got the shock of their lives when they found unwelcome visitors lurking in their toilets.
      The astonished snappers have been sharing photos of unusual wildlife waiting for them as they retreated to the loo.
        One toilet-goer discovered their toilet had been overrun by bright green frogs following a flood, while another horrified user found a snake had made its way through the drainage pipe.
      Elsewhere, one person who went to spend a penny was left dumbstruck upon discovering a live baby rabbit in their toilet bowl, which they quickly saved – and another baffled user fished out a very bedraggled-looking squirrel.
      Here, we take a look at the weird wildlife that has greeted people.

Scary stuff!!!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: November 26, 2017 14:51:27

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.