Sign in to follow this  

Beyonce and Her Family Arrive South Africa to Honour Nelson Mandela

5CwxGxF.jpg

, Jay-Z, and their children are currently in .

Yesterday, paparazzi spotted the power family at the airport and from the clips making rounds online, fans are seen chanting their names, declaring their love for Beyonce and her family.

And this comes a day after the pop star took to her website to pen a heartfelt letter to the late , hours after the group Global Citizen confirmed that she and Nigeria’s Tiwa Savage and Wizkid have been selected for the Global Citizen EP 1.

The Global Citizen aims to end extreme poverty in the world by 2030.

The other artists featured on the album are Pharrell, David Guetta, and Cassper Nyovest. And the 4-track EP, which will be released on Friday, November 30, is curated by Coldplay‘s Chris Martin.

The songs are inspired by Nelson Mandela’s fight for racial equality, and the proceeds from the EP will go to the fight for gender equality, education, clean water, and more.

And it is for this reason Beyonce and her family are in South Africa.

See the video below.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MediaTek
      A team of lawyers led by Chief Wole Olanipekun (SAN), has arrived the Code Conduct Tribunal in Abuja to defend the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, who is scheduled for arraignment before the tribunal in the Monday’s proceedings.
      Some Senior Advocates of Nigeria in his defence team who were already seated before 9am awaiting the commencement of the proceedings included, Chief Chris Uche, Chief Adegboyega Awomolo, Sebastine Hon, Chukwuma-Machukwu Ume, Kehinde Ogunwumiju,and A.T Kehinde.
      ‎All the senior lawyers are in court with their teeming juniors.
      But the team of lawyers comprising a handful of senior lawyers and other junior ones has been technically disbanded.
      Meanwhile, a former Director of Public Prosecution in Kano State, Aliyu Umar (SAN), is going to lead the government prosecution’s ‎team.
      Umar arrived the CCT at about 9.10am.

He was one of the senior lawyers appointed by the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mr. Abubakar Malami (SAN), as part of what was meant to be the government’s prosecution team in 2016.
      Umar led the government’s prosecution team that was to prosecute the Senate President Bukola Saraki and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu for alleged forgery of Senate rules.

The charges were later withdrawn from court by the Umar-led legal team.
    • By MediaTek
      A family has raised an alarm following the ‘disappearance’ of a young girl in Sapele area of Delta state.
      It was learnt the the girl identified as Blessing Ogwara vanished from her home since Saturday with an undisclosed amount of money and is believed to have eloped with a young man named Ekpo Rank.
      According to journalist Sapele Oghenek, the girl’s mother has reported the case to the police as a search has been launched both offline and online to locate her.

Members of the public are advised to report to the police or appropriate authorities if the girl or boy in the picture is seen anywhere.
    • By MediaTek
      Here’s an excellent new picture of a family of five plagued with madness in Cross River, who went viral after their condition (insanity) was brought to the notice of the public by a former National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member, Progress Oberiko.

The husband named Ben, his wife, and three kids for over seven years – roamed the streets of Bekwarra-Ogoja, Cross River State due to their condition.
      With support from philanthropist and prompt response from the medical team at the Federal Neuro Psychiatric hospital in Calabar, the family are on their way to full recovery.

According to reports, doctors say it was really a tough time getting them to accept treatments. The doctors met strong resistance from them as they refused to accept food or care of any sort. They wouldn’t even speak to anyone.
      There was breakthrough at some point after several medical checks on the children doctors reported that they were even healthier than they thought.
      The Mother who was kept in a separate ward complained about body pains caused by sleeping on the bed after being used to dozing on the bare floor.
    • Guest stone bridge
      By Guest stone bridge
      The Zambian government deported the controversial female South African dancer, Zodwa Wabantu, who is popularly known for performing without underwear.
      According to Reuters, the reason for her deportation was over concerns about Christian m0rality and fears that her performance would “undermine national values”
      It is understood that Zodwa had been billed to perform at an album launch later on Saturday evening, but was sent back when she landed in the morning at the Kenneth Kaunda international airport.
      “I can confirm that Zodwa has been deported back to South Africa by the immigration department,” her promoter Lucky Munakampe told AFP, adding no reasons were given for her deportation.
      Last week, Zambia’s religious affairs minister Godfridah Sumaili told AFP that Zodwa would not be allowed to perform in the country.
      “Zambia is a Christian nation where m0rality and ethics have to be followed. We don’t expect a woman to dance without underwear,” Sumaili said.
      In the same vein, the organizers of the show said in a statement earlier this week that Zambia’s National Arts Council had rejected their application.
      “The Council stated that… Zodwa’s performances were not in the public interest and undermined our national values,” the statement said.
    • By MediaTek
      SHE SAYS SHE’S A “BLACK BILL GATES IN THE MAKING” WHO “AIN’T NEVER SEEN A CEILING IN MY WHOLE DAMN LIFE”.
      So it’s hardly surprising that Beyoncé has been named music’s most powerful woman by BBC Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour.
      The superstar came first in a list of the industry’s 40 most influential women, thanks to her feminism, activism and empowering musical messages.
      Taylor Swift, Adele and Dua Lipa were also included on the power list, which was unveiled as part of BBC Music Day.
      The top 40 didn’t just recognise big-sellers and global stars, making room for the unsung heroes who work behind the scenes to champion women.
      Third place went to Vanessa Reed who, as director of the PRS Foundation, has persuaded dozens of festivals to sign up to a 50:50 gender balance on their line-ups by 2022.
      The top 10 also includes Marin Alsop, who became the first female conductor to lead the Last Night of the Proms in 2013, and Chi-chi Nwanoku, who founded Europe’s first professional majority black and minority ethnic orchestra, Chineke!
        Gender diversity in the music industry is notoriously poor, especially in technical jobs like engineering and production. And even with artists like Cardi B, Adele and Dua Lipa devouring the charts, recent research shows that men account for 78% of hit singles.
      Woman’s Hour said it hoped publishing the power list would lead to better representation.
      “It’s a celebration of 40 incredible women but hopefully it doesn’t stop there,” said broadcaster Tina Daheley, who led the panel of judges.
      “A lot of the people on the list are coming on to the programme, and I think that’s where the conversation will start.”
        WOMAN’S HOUR POWER LIST 2018 – THE TOP 10
      Beyoncé Taylor Swift Vanessa Reed (PRS for Music) Adele Stacey Tang (MD of RCA Records) Gillian Moore (Director of music at Southbank Centre) Rebecca Allen (President of Decca Records) Marin Alsop Chi-chi Nwanoku Maggie Crowe (Director of events at BPI) ..Daheley said the top 40 was whittled down from a longlist of 100 names, with judges looking for women “who’ve had an impact over the last 12 months”. Beyoncé “absolutely deserves to be number one”, she added.
      “She’s one of those people who’s absolutely in charge of her own destiny and she’s using that platform in a way that makes a difference: empowering black people in America, addressing injustice head-on and championing women.
      “It’s not just the lyrics and activism in her music which, you could cynically say, sells music,” she continues. “She puts her money where her mouth is and she’s contributed to Black Lives Matter and the people affected by Hurricane Katrina.”
      Taylor Swift was praised by the panel for standing up to streaming companies like Apple and Spotify over royalties, and for successfully winning a sexual assault case against a US ex-radio DJ, over an incident in 2013.
      “When I see young girls and how she empowers them to be strong women, I see how much she’s influenced them and her impact on these girls who will be the activists of the future,” said judge Jasmine Dotiwala, a music TV producer and columnist.
      Daheley was also keen to highlight figures like Fiona Stewart who, at the age of 18, was a single mum living in homeless shelters – but now runs the Green Man Festival.
      “Her story’s incredible – but it’s also her attitude to music festivals. She refuses corporate sponsorship and she won’t have a VIP area. She’s very impressive. She’s lower down the list, but still being celebrated.”
      The list also includes Sarah Stennett, the CEO of First Access Entertainment, which manages Rita Ora, Ray BLK and Bebe Rexha
      “I never thought consciously of my gender as something that limited me in any way until this year,” Stennett told BBC News.
      “I was just too busy trying to push forward and survive in the cut-throat environment of the male-dominated entertainment business.
      “It took an essay my daughter wrote on the effects women face from subconscious patriarchal oppression for me to finally stop and realise that it was that oppression itself which was part of my relentless drive not to fail and which has, in fact, helped me achieve a level of success that has enabled me to be part of this list.
      “I hope that any success achieved will help other women close the gap on the gender imbalance in business.”
      Woman’s Hour publishes its Power List annually, focusing on a different theme each time.
      As well as Daheley and Dotiwala, this year’s panel included novelist Jessica Duchen, record producer Catherine Marks and musician Kate Nash.
  • Videos

Important Information

please accept our Terms of Use