Latest News
  • plain text ticker
  • This is a custom ticker
Sign in to follow this  

Dokpesi Accuses Buhari Of Being A Parasite

55776308_2401027053291846_5995319035732951040_n.jpg

The Chairman of Daar Communications , owners of the Raypower FM and African Independent Television , Chief Raymond Dopkesi , on Wednesday labelled President Muhammadu Buhari “a parasite of Nigeria .”

Speaking to journalists in Abuja after he was released after being questioned by the Nigeria Immigration Service , Dokpesi also accused the Federal Government of intimidating Peoples Democratic Party members .

The Lagos businessman, who was detained by the Department of State Services upon his return from Dubai on Friday , said, “I do not suspect foul play. I can state categorically that this is the handiwork of the Buhari- led Federal Government. There is nothing I can do. I am in court already . I am a citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria . It is on my sweat that I go for treatment .

“Buhari, who says he is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, unfortunately in the history of Nigeria, has been a parasite of Nigeria . He has never created any employment ( opportunities).

“I have contributed to the growth and development of this country .

“The Federal Government is on an intimidation ploy and they are after everybody in the PDP . I ’ m undaunted . In fact , the more they do this , they more I ’ m defiant and the more I ’ m resolute to stand for the good of the ordinary people of Nigeria. ”

Dokpesi , who allegedly received N2 .1 bn from for a former National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki , accused the NIS of planning to impound his passport .

He explained that after he returned from medical treatment abroad , he returned his passport to the Federal High Court, Abuja, which released it and authorised his foreign trip .

Dokpesi said, “I returned to the country on Friday . I was arrested for about 50 or 55 minutes at the airport .

I was told that they had instructions from above to arrest me on my return but after a few phone calls and contacts, the immigration officer at the airport told me that he had instructions from above that I could leave. He gave me back my passport and said they would reach me.

“On Monday , I received no instructions, and in line with the normal process , I returned my passport to the Federal High Court since I travelled on the basis of a judicial order or approval / permission . So I returned my passport – that I had returned and gave notice that I might go back for my check - up to ensure that the operation was successful. So I did not have the passport . When I got the letter on March 26, I replied the same day that I did not have the passport and that I had returned it to the Federal High Court. And that it had been duly acknowledged.”

According to him , since he has returned the passport to the court , it is not his responsibility to take it to the NIS .

He said, “But the officer who interrogated me said they had expected me to go the Federal High Court and obtain the passport with their letter of invitation. I told him that I had returned the passport to the Federal High Court.

“If the NIS , on instructions from above , require my passport , they should write directly to the Federal High Court for the passport .”

Spokesman for the NIS , Mr James Abraham, confirmed to journalists that the service had released Dokpesi .

However , he said the NIS would invite him if there was a need to do so.

Abraham said, “Mr Dokpesi was invited for official immigration issue and he has been released. We can’ t disclose to you the reason for his invitation. Mr Dokpesi is a high - profile individual , so issues that have to do with him , until we finish what we want to do officially, we cannot disclose it to you . ”

Copyright PUNCH .

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

please accept our Terms of Use